The mission of the National Service-Learning Conference is to bring recognition to the contributions that young people are making to change the world and to help prepare them and their adult mentors in reaching their goals. The conference does this through learning, inspiration, and connection. Both youth and adults come out of the experience with the tools and resources, ideas and inspiration, to return home to improve their practice, their schools, and their communities.
- Discover new ways to engage students and increase achievement through solving real-world problems.
- Expand your leadership knowledge base.
- Learn from thought-provoking internationally recognized leaders in education.
- Explore ways to make excellent teaching a reality in and out of every classroom.
- Leave with tools and resources you need to make real changes in your community.
What Your Peers Are Saying
This conference is invaluable to the professional who has to establish a relationship and work within a community in need. This conference gave me relevant tools that work to establish a lasting footprint on Detroit's Lower Eastside.
This conference is energetic, motivating and simply inspiring to begin to make change. It is by far my #1 conference to attend--and always has been!
The conference provides students with the opportunity to see that they are not alone in their desire to change the injustices of the world. It gives them a chance to share their successes, learn from others, and discover new ideas. They also find organizations to become involved in after high school, leading them to be service minded for years to come.